What Is Fixed Prosthesis?
What Are The Options For Fixed Prosthetic Materials?
- Metal-backed fixed dentures show sufficient resistance to functional forces within the mouth, causing problems aesthetically and in some cases can negatively affect natural appearance. The most important reason for this is that the direct passage of light through the tooth is blocked by the metal. This is why resistant ceramics have been developed. Zirconium is the most current material used in this field.
What Are The Stages Of Fixed Prostheses?
- Preparation and measurement: after the restoration is prepared (reduced) to the thickness of the restoration to be applied, the precise measurement is taken. If an intervention is performed in this session, the measurement process can be left to the next session for gum healing. Color determination is made by the common decision of the patient and the physician.
- Substructure rehearsal: the zirconium or metal substructure prepared on the Model is rehearsed in the oral environment.
- Porcelain rehearsal: the stage before the end of restoration. The relationship of porcelain prepared in the laboratory with neighboring, opposite teeth and surrounding tissues is checked. The final approval of the patient is taken by checking the harmony of aesthetics and color. It is sent to the lab to be polished.
- Lacquer and Simantation: the restoration performed in the laboratory is tried in the mouth for the last time, if there is no problem it is fixed on the tooth after the approval of the patient, the residues are cleaned after the adhesives Harden.